Utopian Tailgate, the indoor/outdoor rooftop tailgate, bar and restaurant in Old Town, is transforming its outdoor space into “Camp Utopia” this winter, offering five themed experiences in giant heated tents for Chicagoans seeking escape the cold and adventure. Located at 1608 N Wells St above The Second City comedy enclave, The Fifty/50’s rooftop bar debuted at Camp Utopia on Friday, January 14, with reservations now available through Eventbrite so that groups reserve a two-hour time slot.
Each private tent is fully decorated and can accommodate 6-10 people. Guests can choose from five immersive themes featuring unique elements from featured sponsors:
- Area 312 (presented by White Claw): puffy UFOs, seats worthy of a spaceship (with an accessory control center), trippy lighting adorns the “sky”, holographic elements
- utopian jungle (presented by Casamigos Tequila): Inflated fauna, plants + artificial flowers head to tail, golden throne, tropical atmosphere
- ski lodge (presented by Jack Daniel’s): Snowy/mountainous landscape, snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, fake fireplace, large stuffed moose, shotski
- college tailgate (presented by Molson Coors): bleacher seats, stadium crowd decor, Chicago sports memorabilia, beer pong tables, mini drinking games
- Vegas (presented by Absolut Elyx): Dice game, glitter curtain over the whole tent, Vegas panel, card games
Once inside the tents, guests have the option to order food and drink, including drink specials to match each theme. The exclusive drinks menu contains two drinks from each tent sponsor, including:
- The Clawww (large size: White Claw Black Cherry, Tequila, Grapefruit, Peach, Lime) from White Claw
- Te Clooney Cup (Casamigos Blanco, Lychee, Lemon, Citrus Soda) from Casamigos Tequila
- Case of Mondays (Miller High Life, Miller Lite Briefcase -18-pack-) by Molson Coors
- Jack and Jingle (Jack Daniel’s #7, Blackberry, Lemon, All Spice) by Jack Daniel’s
- Vegas bomb (Jameson, Peach, Cranberry, Red Bull) from Absolut Elyx
To complete the experience, guests will receive themed goodies to take home with them from featured sponsors, continuing the adventure even after leaving the rooftop.
“Utopian Tailgate has always been more than just a bar or restaurant – we see our rooftop as an organized space and experience for our guests to partake in good old-fashioned entertainment,” said Greg Mohr, co-owner of The Fifty/ 50 Restaurant Group. “While we love Windy City year-round, we also know that cold winter weather can make it difficult for Chicagoans to find new ways to engage and explore with each other. As one of the city’s iconic summer destinations at Camp Utopia, we’re thrilled to bring Chicagoans five unique and unforgettable new adventures, all in the heart of the city.
“Camp Utopia” is open to the public on Fridays from 4:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m., Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. and Sundays from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. starting Friday, January 14 and will continue until the beginning of March.
To make reservations through Eventbrite, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/camp-utopia-private-tents-tickets-228575434277?aff=PRESS