According to Omer Sharif’s wish, he will be buried in one of the three cemeteries located inside the grounds of the Abdullah Shah Ghazi shrine in Karachi.
The cemetery is less than 10 minutes from the park where Omer’s last prayers will be offered.
Who else is buried in Abdullah Shah Ghazi Mazar?
There are three small cemeteries within the sanctuary grounds:
Other famous personalities who are buried within the grounds of Abdullah Shah Ghazi Shrine include:
1. Allama Shah Ahmed Noorani from Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Pakistan
2. Mehmooda Sultana, mother of PTI leader Aamir Liaquat Hussain
3. Cheikh Liaquat, former deputy of the MQM and father of Aamir Liaquat
4. Professor Karrar Hussain, father of PPP leader Taj Haider
5. Shireen Jinnah, sister of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah & Fatima Jinnah
6. Khursheed Ahmed, famous Na’at Khawun.
History of the Mazar of Abdullah Shah Ghazi
The mazaar of Abdullah Shah Ghazi is traditionally and geographically located near the mandir of Mahadev.
– English Samaa (@SamaaEnglish) October 6, 2021
The shrine is on a hill while the mandir is in a cave.
The mazaar of Abdullah Shah Ghazi has a source of fresh water. It is the same source that ends at Mahadev’s mandir.
The mandir and the mazaar both share the tradition of protecting Karachi from storms and destruction.
Abdullah Shah Ghazi was buried around the 11th century, so he is around a thousand years old.